Thursday, October 11, 2007

"Mesa Pegasus"

I've been playing Magic: The Gathering lately, for the first time in, oh, about 15 years. My brother was really into it, which made me "really into it," but as I never won a single game against him, I soon became out of it. However, now I've picked it up again, and play with friends, and it's actually really fun! I've been inspired by the cards I remember--Serra Angel, Mesa Pegasus--but not so inspired by the used-to-be-cool artwork that is now pretty lame. Since nothing is new in fantasy-land, I thought I'd do a new take on the archetypes. Here's my version of the "mesa pegasus."
Edit:

I don't really know what this next one is...just a color sketch, or some brainstorming, or something that evolved out of some marks I put down. It's good to conceptualize like this. I need to work on making more action-packed, dynamic works...