Thursday, April 03, 2008

Design Time With Miss Lala...












I'm posting up some of the more creative things I've been doing for my part-time gig at Bear Basics, on Telegraph Ave. in Berkeley. I'm the official Bear Basics licenced Cal apparel designer, which is actually kind of cool :-). Some of the designs are pretty basic, but others I get to be more creative with. Who knows if licencing will actually APPROVE these designs, but I think they're pretty cool.


The Bear Basics job is turning out to be great. I work there 2 days a week, and when I'm not crashing the computer (bluescreen today, ouch!), I'm designing shirts and making store signage. I know Illustrator better than I ever thought I would, and am building an apparel design portfolio that may come very in handy when I move back to SJ, and may want to look around to be somebody's employee.


At any rate, I hope you like this vectored side of my work :-). Some of these are based on beer labels, and coats of arms, while others are purely out of my head. Hopefully someday we'll see one or two of these shirts walking around on the street...:-)