Thursday, September 21, 2006

Heart of Darkness Wrap


Here is my final piece for "Heart of Darkness." I went a little nuts, and frankly I like--no, LOVE--the result. I took what I learned from the Sheeler assignment and either adapted it to me, or I adapted to it. I had a good time with this piece...I was out drawing "jungle plants" and then scanning them in and cutting out all the negative shapes. I did the same for the skulls. I think it has been a fine exercise in sillhouette, if nothing else. But I also just like the piece...it's crazy, and that's exactly what I was going for. I've never worked in this style before...never done anything at all like it, in fact, and I feel both nervous about turning it in, and also proud that I was able to venture down a completely different avenue, and like it so much. Do enjoy! :-) --L