Thursday, September 20, 2007

Queen on Progress...


I was so very flattered by the comments I got on my first post of this sketch, particularly by Keath! My current contract has just about wrapped, so in a moment of serenity, I decided to work a little more on this lady. I've learned a lot about rendering and lighting while working on "Polly Pride," and it's coming out in this painting. I haven't really ever had the patience to really work on a digital painting more than, oh, a day or two, but I like her so much that I want to really render out every little bit. This whole sketch is pretty much directly from my head, so I guess it's an exercise in visualization as well. There's not really anything period about her costume...it's a bunch of different styles thrown together, but hey, it looks cool :-). Anyway, here's some progress... --Lauren