Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bookplate Design


So I'm going to begin moving my services and business more toward graphic design, primarily for advertising...so business cards, letterhead, brochures, flyers, mailers, that kind of thing. It's like a repackaging of myself. That being said, I need to create some examples of this stuff, and here's my first shot at something, a bookplate! :-D. Bookplates can be really complex or really simple, so I went for the more simple approach, with some vintagey finishes and colors. Bookplates are normally black and white, but why not make some fun stuff in color? The nice thing about this little morning project, too, is that it is all vectors, so it's doing double-duty as an example on my website and also a stock illustration on my vector site. It's all about building that portfolio, right? :-D