Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back to Fashion


People tell me they like my fashion stuff, so I'm coming back to it. I've been a bit at a crossroads lately, fearing the worst for the popularity (or lack thereof) of my "fine art" painterly stuff, and perhaps thinking I ought to refocus on design illustration, and try for editorial, book, and greeting card applications again.


I learned A LOT at Bear Basics, working in Illustrator every day, and I think it shows in this piece. This isn't 100% Illustrator, since I love going back and forth between Illustrator and Photoshop to get effects I like. I might toss some Corel Painter in when I get a little more comfortable with it.


This one's a greeting card, available here. I've also been kicking around at RedBubble, a place you can upload and share your art, and also sell prints. It's a pretty cool site, with excellent networking opportunities with other artists, so check it out!