Friday, April 07, 2006

Phun With Photoshop

Yo. So now I have everything set up and working...nice printer, new Wacom...and I finally got a spare couple of hours to do some Photoshop explorations. So here they are.

I've been itchin' to do some Renaissance-style sleeve drawings, on toned paper. The drawings of Holbein and Leonardo are mesmerizing, and combined with my hobby/obsession with historical costuming, I had to do it. So I put on four layers of clothes--shirt, partlet w/sleeves, velvet jacket, and overcoat (for the puffy part)--and sat in front of a mirror. I did these in 3 tones as well, since I wanted to stay in the drawing/sketching mindset. I often find that once I get into Photoshop, I seem to forget everything about drawing, and instead try to make some beautiful work of art. I think the more I work in this medium, the more natural it will become, and the more like drawing and painting. Thus starts my Photoshop odyssey :-). --L