Monday, October 06, 2008

Knights of A - Beltain, Work-in-Prog

Ok, control and speed in Corel Painter isn't all that great at this point, and though I love love love the oil painting effects I'm getting, I found myself already over-rendering things. I like the rough, broken color effects, but for this particular application I need a more detailed approach. So...I imported back into Photoshop and got the painting "back on track." I'm thinking I take it back into Painter again and touch up the horse with the lovely oily brush, since it works so nicely for that shiny equine coat I'm always going for. Anyway, here's an in-progress. I changed the background a lot, as you can see, and am trying to add more drama, less weird purple light. :-)