Monday, October 27, 2008

Miniatures In Progress

I'm working on several little paintings all at once, to keep my eyeballs fresh and not overwork any one of them. I also do this so I have a decent start on everything, as I find that starting is sometimes the hardest part.

These are two miniatures in progress. The little girl is nearly done. The painting is a combination of Corel Painter and Photoshop, which I find to be a very effective partnership. The second painting is an underpainting, done in Photoshop, with my most beloved rough canvas brush. I find that when I block in everything with this brush in Photoshop, I don't get caught up in the little details as quickly. I can then take it into Corel and begin to render, and finally finish off the super-fine details (particularly in the face) back in the 'Shop.