Saturday, March 28, 2009

Owl Embroidery, for Real Real!


I finished my (faux) blackwork embroidery on the owl pattern I made the other day. I think it looks really spiffy, and I'm very proud of myself! It's almost completely backstitch, which is one of my least favorites, but the fabric was so thin, or my needle too thick, that I kept popping stitches with split stitch (my fav). I used a little Holbein stitch on the tail, but that's the only place.

I'm thinking about creating more of my own patterns and putting them up for sale on Etsy.com. It might also be cool to make cauls, patches, and other embroidered stuff for sale, too, and only embroider something when it's ordered. I keep looking for more things to embroider for myself, since I can't just do something without having a *purpose* - like making it to wear with a costume, etc. The Etsy thing might be a good outlet. :-)

This pattern is available in my Etsy shop, along with other owl-flavored gubbins.