Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Scrappy Avi


This day has been about scrapbooking, starting in the morning when the radio host said he would never in his life do scrapbooking because it was so boring. I thought about it a little bit and realized that scrapbooking is just design. It's the combination of elements to create an aesthetically pleasing whole. It has first, secondary, and even third reads, and works with multiple patterns and palettes.

The same basis of scrapbooking forms, and essentially IS, the foundation and technique of creating anything in the Shabby Chic or modern French Country styles, with which I worked today, for a new line of music boxes from Westland. And how much fun! After finding oodles of PS brushes and patterns, and sourcing bunches of random clipart and fabric swatches from the web, I was off and running, combining elements, shifting things around, and creating shockingly pleasing compositions. Hooray for collage! Today I was, in a sense, a professional scrapbooker.
So having finished my work stuff up, I decided to do the same for today's installment of Avi. Silly, yes, but fun! Try it!

Oodles of awesome free Photoshop Brushes HERE: http://www.brusheezy.com/